Worongary Town Centre is located just 17kms from Surfers Paradise and hosts convenience based specialty stores, cafes, restaurants and a medical centre.
MDA were approached by AHC Pty Ltd for the building services designs of the extension to the centre for Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic and Fire Protraction services. We also provided a BCA Section J Compliance Review.
Scope of works:
- Individual ventilation systems provided where necessary
- All toilet areas exhausted in accordance with BCA requirements.
- Individual air cooled split systems serving each specialty shop.
- Condenser units located adjacent to areas being served.
- All ductwork thermally and acoustically lined to meet current standards
- Provide kitchen exhaust ductwork systems to nominated tenancies.
- Air distribution insulated ductwork and registers or linear diffusers in line with the interior architecture
- Connection to existing site main switchboard.
- Provide building and tenancy distribution board.
- Un-metered and metered sub-mains to distribution boards supplying community and metered tenancy requirements.
- Power and permanently connected outlets to all building common areas.
Submains to: –
- Riser Distribution Switchboards.
- Mechanical Services equipment.
- Hydraulic Services.
- External facade lighting provided in compliance with the design brief and BCA requirements.
- Lighting to retail tenancies selected in line with ceiling systems consisting of BCA section J energy compliance.
- Project feature lighting, landscape lighting to planter beds, and pathways
- Power to signage.
- Emergency evacuation lighting to code requirements.
- Telecom cabling to each retail tenancy
- Fibre or cat 6 riser cabling to floor distribution frames
- Hydraulic design generally in accordance with AHC requirements.
- Hydraulic Services Design of Hydraulic services in accordance with AS/NZS:3500, QLD Development Code.
- Sanitary drainage within building to sewer connection points
- Drainage from air conditioning equipment tundish drains, Water feature and water supply points.
- Tradewaste drainage, bin store area drainage and food shop interceptor traps where required.
- Cold and Hot water supply to fixtures
- Sub Water Metering of water services
- Hot water plant selection.
- Supply of water and waste points to Commercial Tenancies
- Backflow prevention in accordance with AS3500.1
- Supply of landscape irrigation water service take-off point
- Gutter, down pipe sizing, and roofwater drainage to rainwater storage tanks and points of connection.
- Connection to existing Fire Hydrant service complying with AS:2419.1
- Fire Hose Reel service complying with AS:2441