MDA Consulting Engineers provides services of all engineering disciplines streamlining the co-ordination and project management tasks in terms of delivery of services. We are a multi disciplined Consulting Engineering Company providing in house solutions for a variety of project types. This includes numerous projects sectors such as Residential, Commercial, Healthcare, Industrial, Mining, Universities, Commercial, Electrical Sub-divisional work, BER projects in NSW & QLD and places of entertainment etc.
Our high quality mechanical engineering services deliver reliable results for air conditioning and ventilation (HVAC), medical gas systems, dilapidation reporting and air quality assessments. Combined with our strict environmental policies we are sure to exceed your expectations with our proposed solutions for various mechanical systems.
- Ventilation systems
- Exhaust systems
- Specialist exhaust for commercial applications
- Thermal modelling
- Chilled water
- Condenser water
- DX Systems
- Waste heat recovery
- Specialist medical gasses
- Compressed air
- Vacuum systems
COMMERCIAL BUILDING DISCLOSURE
Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) is a national program designed to improve the energy efficiency of Australia’s large office buildings.
Under the program, from 1 November 2010 most sellers or lessors of office space of 2,000 square metres or more will be required to obtain and disclose an up-to-date energy efficiency rating. Certain exceptions and exemptions apply (see Exemptions on the CBD goverment website).
There is a transition period for the first year of the program where a valid National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS) Energy base or whole building rating can be disclosed.
From 1 November 2011 a full Building Energy Efficiency Certificate (BEEC) will need to be disclosed. BEECs are valid for 12 months, must be publicly accessible on the online Building Energy Efficiency Register, and include:
- a NABERS Energy star rating for the building
- an assessment of tenancy lighting in the area of the building that is being sold or leased and
- general energy efficiency guidance
The NABERS Energy star rating (exclusive of GreenPower) must also be included in any advertisement for the sale, lease or sublease of the office space.
The CBD program has been developed by the Australian state and territory governments, as part of a broad package of measures to encourage building energy efficiency. The program is managed by the Australian Government. MDA Consulting Engineers has fully accredited assessors. Contact us for further details.
Our lighting solutions are cutting edge setting the perfect ambience to best suit your specific project. Sufficient lighting is an essential element to any project and we have the experience and products to support all aspects of design and implementation. We work closely with our clients to fully understand their desired results and then combine our environmental strategies (along with any council requirements) to present the perfect solution. MDA can also implement integrated systems using sophisticated technology and software.
- Energy compliance
- Sports lighting
- General commercial, industrial and residential
- Roadway & Urban
- Lighting controls
MDA Supplies an extensive collection of electrical services. We aspire to combine aesthetics with functionality capturing the perfect balance in both corporate and residential applications.
Our electrical engineering services include specialist Lighting, security systems, audio visual, communications systems, and URD (electrical underground reticulated distribution) to name a few.
We specialise in the following areas also:
- High voltage networks
- Switchboards and control centres
- Prime and standby power generation
- Power factor correction
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
- Interior and exterior lighting
- Programmable logic controls
- Cable management systems
- Lightning protection
- Technical earthing
- Electro-medical treatment installations
- SCADA systems
- Master antenna television aerial systems
- Soft wiring systems
- Retail electricity procurement
BUILDING AUTOMATION SYSTEMS
Building automation and control systems are fast becoming an essential part of life. MDA offer a collection of solutions which are budget friendly and focus on energy efficient practicality.
These services include:
- Energy monitoring
- System control
- Load control
- Energy load shedding
- Service and maintenance
- Lifts and escalators
- Lighting systems
- Security systems and access control
- Telecommunication systems
- Emergency services
- Air conditioning, heating and ventilation
- Hydraulic services
- Utility management
- Automated window coverings
- Surge protection & electrical
- And much more
We are accredited Electrical URD Consulting Engineers for Ergon, Energex and all NSW supply authorities and specialise in urban residential developments. Our range of URD services include:
- Streetlighting – Major Road and Minor Road lighting
- High voltage overhead and underground distribution (11kv, 22kv and 33kv)
- Low voltage distribution including strata title, community title and private reticulation
- Subtransmission overhead and underground (66kv, 110kv and 132kv)
COMPLIANCE AND REPORTS
Our specialist team can supply full due diligence reports for the following areas:
- Vertical Transport
As multi-level buildings become increasingly popular we have increased our range of solutions to meet the higher and broader demand. There are strict regulations in place for the proposal of all hydraulic requirements as per both Australian Standards and local council. We ensure all requirements are met on a technical, practical and environmental level.
Most developments require waste water, water systems and drainage as a bare minimum. Our environmental policies also aid in making our projects compliant in multiple areas.
MDA Engineers supply infrastructure engineering design for storm water, water supply and sewer systems.
Some of our other services include:
- Environment Waste Water
- Domestic and commercial systems
- Solar hot water systems
- Potable water systems
- Grey Water/Water Recycling and Reclamation Systems
- System audit and maintenance programs
- Environmentally Conscious and Energy Efficient Water Supply Systems
- Water Treatment and Conditioning
- Vacuum Drainage Systems
We understand that security is of the utmost importance and can help design the optimal solution for maximum protection. We analyse and evaluate your project and customize a suitable solution. Services include:
- Security video systems
- Security planning & development
- Risk assessment
- Intruder alarm/detection
- Remote monitoring
- Duress alarms
- Access control systems
Our fire protection engineers are committed to developing the most functional and economical strategy specifically suited to your fire risk needs. We work hand in hand with our clients to ensure all aspects are covered thus ensuring human safety is maintained at all times.
We supply a range of services from design and documentation to full fire systems.
- Fire hydrant and hose reels
- Residential and commercial fire sprinklers
- Fire detection and alarm systems
- VESDA™ type detection systems
- Emergency Warning & Intercommunication
- Portable fire extinguishers
- Gaseous and foam fire suppression
- Fire and smoke compartmentation
- Resistance of structures exposed to fire
- Access and egress
- Emergency lighting and exit signage
- Mechanical smoke hazard management