Project: CPSM Care, Camp Hill
Client: Latitude Care Construction
Architect: Group GSA
Value: $30 million
Designed by Group GSA, the proposed development is for an expansive retirement/residential care facility for the area, providing 141 beds within a building of a maximum building height of 2 storeys (9.5m). The building is connected through 6 neighbourhood wings, made up of a variety of residence room options, and incorporates 120 beds as a standard aged care facility, while one neighbourhood is high care dementia services with 21 beds.
The key details of the development include:
• 141 beds including 120 RAC beds and 21 Dementia Beds
• 56 car parking spaces (including 1 Disabled and 2 PWD)
• Porte Cochere drop off zone at pedestrian entrance
• Foyer, reception and managers office, laundry and kitchen + serveries
• Dedicated spaces for living, dining, activities, sitting and family room
• Nurse stations, office space and treatment rooms
• Communal courtyard facilities, garden, library, kitchen, lounge and open space
• A memory support garden is provided alongside the high care dementia neighbourhood
According to the planners at Town Planning Alliance, “the proposed design provides for a series of private open spaces areas that will support a high degree of amenity of residents. The proposed design includes functional and practical sized private open space for each unit that is accessed directly from the main living areas. The proposal achieves a high quality built form outcome that incorporates the use of a range of innovative design elements that result in visually balanced façade and high degree of streetscape appeal.”
The development has an estimated completion date of early 2022.